Time For An IT Company Who Offers Clinical IT Services & Clinical IT Support?
Keeping up with the demands of meaningful use seems like it takes more time and commitment every day. With so many details that need to be tracked and documented, achieving meaningful use can take time away from your patients and drive up your staffing costs. Many hospitals and private practices are utilizing outsourcing as a way to balance the burden of meaningful use and the management of electronic health records (EHR) by providing optimal patient care.
Can your orthopedic practice benefit from working with a clinical IT management provider?
Explore the pros and cons with Reliable IT Healthcare.
The Benefits of Outsourcing to a Clinical IT Management Firm
There are many ways that your orthopedic practice can benefit from outsourcing to a clinical IT management firm.
- Knowledge and expertise. Keeping up with the latest changes to laws that affect your practice can be challenging, especially when your focus is on providing high-quality patient care. When you work with an experienced healthcare IT contractor, you can be confident that your practice is following the most up-to-date laws and regulations regarding electronic health records and meaningful use.
- A hands-off approach. The right clinical IT company can help you manage the many different facets of your practice’s IT, allowing you and your staff to focus on growing your patient base and providing great patient experiences. From handling phone systems and software to ensuring your practice is HIPAA compliant, a trustworthy clinical IT professional can manage the nuts and bolts so you don’t have to.
- Cost-efficiency. It is often cheaper to outsource clinical IT operations than it is to hire additional staff to handle your IT operations in-house. Some healthcare practices will attempt to cross train their staff to perform complex IT operations in order to save money, however, this approach almost never works. Staff becomes stretched thin and both IT operations and patient care suffers. Outsourcing is often the most effective and cost-efficient solution to ensuring your clinical IT needs are met.
The Potential Cons of Outsourcing Your Clinical IT Operations
Although your orthopedic practice stands to see a number of benefits from outsourcing your healthcare IT needs, there may also be some drawbacks.
- Hiring an inexperienced contractor. It’s important to do your due diligence and thoroughly vet the clinical IT companies you are considering hiring. You should only consider working with contractors who have specific experience handling IT operations for healthcare facilities, including both large hospitals and small private practices. A “jack of all trades” IT contractor may not have enough knowledge about government regulations for electronic health records and meaningful use.
- Failure to define the scope of work, expectations, and desired goals. A great clinical IT operations firm will provide you with the scope of their work, an analysis of where you currently stand, how you can improve, and what you need to do to meet your goals. However, not all companies will provide this and may expect the client to define the scope of work and what they expect. Be sure you have a plan in writing that addresses all of the above before you sign on the dotted line.
- Excessive billing. It’s critical that in addition to defining the scope of work, goals, and expectations, that you also define compensation. Know ahead of time what you will be billed for, when you will be billed, and how and when you can pay. Some IT companies will expand their scope of work and inflate billing either with intent or simply due to being poorly organized. Pay attention to invoices as they come through and ensure that you are being billed correctly for the agreed-upon work for the agreed upon amount.
Reach Out to Reliable IT Healthcare Today
The benefits of outsourcing your clinical IT operations far outweigh the potential negatives, all of which can be mitigated by ensuring you’re hiring the right contractor for the job. At Reliable IT Healthcare, we specialize in healthcare IT solutions and strive to provide each of our client’s exceptional service. We value transparency and always make sure you know where you stand and where you’re going.
We know how important it is to get meaningful use and EHR management right because there are significant penalties that your practice could incur if you don’t. The risk isn’t worth it — instead of spending more money on in-house staff or attempting to train your current staff in complicated IT operations that they will likely have difficulty understanding, make it simple. Outsource to a clinical IT company you can trust and rest easy knowing that your healthcare IT is well taken care of and your questions will always be answered.
Contact Reliable IT Healthcare today for a quote or to learn more about clinical IT management and how it can benefit your practice. Call now at (720) 543-2240.